CoreMedia is an agile content management and digital asset management platform that enables marketers, merchandisers and developers to collaboratively create, preview, and optimize iconic digital brand experiences across all channels.
CoreMedia Content Cloud is an open, best-of breed, API-driven solution that combines a headless content repository with an advanced Web-based UI that allows editors to access content from any source, combine content and commerce elements, and preview complex front-end customer experiences in real time. Our omnichannel content delivery engine can expose content in a media-neutral format that can be rendered by any target channel from web sites and mobile apps to out-of-home displays and point-of-sale kiosks and shelf-displays. CoreMedia’s personalization engine allows you to access customer data from multiple sources to create business rules that show different content to each visitor. CoreMedia Content Cloud integrates seamlessly with commercetools, enabling marketers and merchandizers to increase engagement through the entire customer journey across any digital channel.
Key features include:
- Headless CMS: Augment existing store pages and create new hybrid pages that combine rich media and branded content with product information and transactional capabilities.
- Advanced DAM: Manage master files and renditions; out-of-the-box support for shoppable videos, shoppable image maps, editable text on images, slide shows, and 360 spinners. Edit images and deliver optimized renditions of image assets based on delivery channel and asset use.
- Intuitive User Interface: browser-based access with no required plug-ins featuring drag-and-drop support; import date from common external sources, including Word or plain text; Edit content in any language.
- Real-Time Previews: Visualize the entire online shopping experience on any device, for any customer segment, across the entire customer journey.
- Smart Personalization and Dynamic Content: Content created and managed in CoreMedia can be combined with real-time product information, social activity, and contextual data to create personalized stories around any product or collection.
- Global Publishing: Support multi-brand, multi-region, and multi-language scenarios with ease; compare languages for efficient localization; integrated translation management.
- Customizable & Configurable: Manage structured and versioned content based on a customizable document type; store content of any size and type with configurable binary large object (BLOB) storage; import bulk data from XML sources or dynamically link to 3rd party data sources.
Description of the Integration
CoreMedia’s commercetools integration is based on an API layer called the CoreMedia Commerce Hub that is deeply integrated into CoreMedia’s platform. This integration includes the editorial interface (the CoreMedia Studio) including comprehensive preview capabilities as well as all the delivery components. CoreMedia’s content delivery components include the Content Application Engine (CAE) for server-side rendering and the CoreMedia Headless Server for client-side rendering.
CoreMedia supports a wide range of integration patterns for content. CoreMedia can be used:
- To deliver content fragments or data into an existing online store (commerce-led or headless)
- To render the entire experience (content-led approach)
- For anything in between (hybrid approach).
Because the commercetools provides powerful GraphQL support, frontend integration with CoreMedia is relatively straightforward. All you need to do is add a second endpoint pointing to the CoreMedia Headless Server and you can start loading content and data into your Vue client immediately.
Once CoreMedia is integrated with your frontend store experience, you can enable the responsive slider so that marketing users can easily check the experience for multiple viewports. You can also add CoreMedia Preview Driven Editing enabling editors to right click on a contextual pop-up menu directly within the preview to start editing right away. And of course, there is “time travel”, which gives editors the capability of previewing the experience for future or past dates.
It only takes a few days to get the initial integration up and running. The required knowledge set includes java programming for the CoreMedia Commerce Hub integration with some commercetools and CoreMedia knowledge to map the data.